We all know packing and bringing your food to work (or school, or even to eat at home) saves money, time, and keeps you on track with healthy food choices. It’s especially helpful for those of us with allergies as well because we know the food we bring is safe to consume. Most of the time I make extra food for dinner so I have leftovers to pack for lunch. Sometimes I throw a protein in the bottom of a mason jar topped by veggies and a small container of dressing to top it with at lunch too. But sometimes leftovers and mason jar salads just do not sound appealing anymore and I want something else. That is when I start looking for inspiration for lunch specific ideas.
Need some inspiration for packing lunch? I’ve rounded up a few of the best lunch time recipes and ideas below to get you packing.
- Use this simple, tasty, easy to change up the spices/herbs for different flavors make ahead recipe for Rotisserie Chicken and Cabbage Salad to have lunch for several days made in advance.
- Need a whole bunch of lunch ideas, including recipes, allergy avoidance, and suggestions for healthier pre-packaged goodies? Check out Paleo Parent’s eBook Paleo To Go for a whole bunch of great lunch box ideas.
- Want fun healthy Paleo Bento Box lunch box ideas? Check out Nom Nom Paleo’s Lunchbox Roundup which includes 18 complete lunch ideas and links to even more lunchbox roundups.
- How about making some wraps that don’t involve lettuce as the wrap? This Simple Paleo Tortilla recipe from Stupid Easy Paleo is great to multiply to make ahead several batches and freeze to use for lunch wraps or even breakfast burritos.
- The Paleo Network has two great posts to give you a few suggestions to get you started on Paleo lunches with 79 Paleo Diet Children’s Lunch Ideas and 21 Paleo Lunch Ideas. The links are short on recipes but big on some great suggestions on what to pack protein and veggie wise.
- Meatified has 30 days of Whole 30 Lunches that are great even if you aren’t doing a Whole 30.
Now that you are armed with some awesome lunch ideas let’s get packing and do lunch.